Salsissimus Logistique et Commerce Inc. is a recognized leader in transportation and distribution across Canada. Our service offerings provide superior coverage, flexibility, and consistent performance for your less-than-truckload (LTL) and truckload (TL) shipping needs
Salsissimus Logistique et Commerce Inc. is currently looking for a dispatcher who will help grow our operations in Montreal. The successful candidate must be enterprising and possess a strong work ethic and determination.
Truck dispatchers are responsible for coordinating the movements of trucks that are entering terminals. Dispatchers communicate with truck drivers through computers, phones, or two-way radios, and will assign drivers to trucks and make sure that they leave and arrive on schedule. Truck dispatchers are always available to answer any questions from drivers, help them avoid traffic jams and keep them aware of inclement weather ahead.
Some operational work (data entry) – tracking and tracing. The role is fast paced in the events industry of freight. Some loads have strict deadlines and require very close attention to detail. In very rare cases this role might require full time monitoring of your emails after hours and over the weekend as freight issues may arise at any time during the day.
If you have any questions or require more information, please email your resume to our Recruiting Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: 12-2022. Dispatcher position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Dispatch company drivers
- Schedule loads based on safety, customer service, and load efficiency from the customer information received
- Ensure optimal truck cube utilization
- Provide customers with professional and timely support on a variety of issues
- Provide drivers with the appropriate information and equipment to provide the customer with a positive experience from start to finish
- Create, communicate, schedule, and maintain the driver/delivery schedules
- Record/document all incidents to management
- Record customer orders, messages, and requests, then forward these to appropriate areas
- Ensure drivers are performing responsibilities in a safe, reliable, and professional manner
- Signs in drivers and ensures payments have been processed through the cash
- Daily communication, by phone and handheld, with a fleet of drivers, to ensure proper loading instructions are transmitted and executed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Less Than Truckload and Full Load, via road is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of AS400 and MS Office
- Strong communication (English and French preferred), and interpersonal skills are required
- Excellent communication skills are required to clearly convey information over the telephone and handle customer complaints in a prompt and effective manner.
- Must be well organized and possess strong attention to detail